What is SCRIP?
Scrip is a national program to help non-profit groups and schools earn money. Scrip allows families to purchase prepaid merchandise gift cards for local and national businesses through the Great Lakes Scrip company. These gift cards are just like cash. In appreciation for your patronage, these businesses give St. Bernadette School between 2% to 25% of the face value on the gift card. Gift cards are available from over 300 national and local retailers. A few examples include cards for groceries, clothing, dining, and gasoline purchases. Outlined are facts and directions regarding the Scrip program and how to participate.
Cards for Purchase:
1. Plastic Card: Traditional plastic gift cards.
2. ScripNow eCard: An online gift card you can print or a link you can “cut and paste” from your Scrip account directly to the retailers’ check out screen.
3. Reload: When you purchase a traditional plastic card through the Scrip program, some retailers will give you the option of reloading dollars to the existing plastic card. It is quick and easy and you can continue using the same card indefinitely.
1. Traditional online account using your computer:
· Step 1: Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
· Step 2: Click Join a Program
· Step 3: Enter the SBS enrollment code. Please contact Amy Staunton, Scrip Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for code.
· Step 4: Enter your account information: username, password, etc.
· Step 5 Click “Register”
2. Use your cell phone for mobile shopping:
· Go to www.myscripwallet.com on your mobile device browser. You can also connect to the mobile app via the RaiseRight app.
· Click “Sign In” if you already created an account or Click “Create an Account” and follow the 5 steps above.
· Once you sign in, you are ready to shop.
· Note: There are 4 tabs across the screen: 1: Shop-choose the gift cards you would like to purchase; 2: Bonuses- retailers who are offering extra rebates; 3: Favorites-create a list of your favorite brands to shop and 4: My Wallet- this is where your eGift cards are kept for you to retrieve when checking out at the register.
Payment Options for Orders:
1. Cash – Please put your cash in an envelope marked “ Shop with Scrip” and send in to SBS. This will ensure it is routed to the Scrip mailbox.
2. Check- Please put your check in an envelope marked “Shop with Scrip” and send in to SBS. This will ensure it is routed to the Scrip mailbox.
3. Credit Card- Payment is made online.
4. Prestopay- GLSC’s version of PayPal. You have the option to create a Prestopay account. Payment is taken from your designated bank account. There is a .15 cent fee when you check out.
- FAMILIES EARN FAIR SHARE POINTS BASED ON THE PECENTAGE THE REATILER GIVES BACK TO SBS.
- IF A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND CREATES AN ACCOUNT, PLEASE EMAIL AMY STAUNTON, SCRIP COORDINATOR, AT AMYKSTAUNTON@GMAIL.COM TO ENSURE CORRECT FAIR SHARE POINT DISTRIBUTION.
- ALL PLASTIC CARD ORDERS MAY TAKE UP TO A WEEK TO ARRIVE AT SBS.