Philosophy & Mission
The mission of Saint Bernadette School is deeply rooted in firm Catholic beliefs and traditions. We are committed to providing a high-quality education that develops the intellect, inspires the spirit, and guides students to do what is right and just. In partnership with the Church and family, we encourage our students to exemplify Christian values and to become life-long learners.
The community of St. Bernadette shares the educational mission of the Catholic Church in a spirit of love based upon the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. Our school was founded to foster love, care and concern for every child.
As educators, we provide quality educational opportunities which inspire a love for learning. We recognize that each child is unique and therefore encourage each student to develop to his or her fullest individual potential.
We maintain a safe learning environment and a nurturing atmosphere which affords each child the freedom to be curious and creative.
We provide experiences that-meet children's needs and foster learning in all developmental areas for each individual child.
As Catholic Educators, we teach doctrine, build community, worship together and give service to all.
It is our belief that when we recognize Christ in each other, we in turn will hopefully reach out with kindness to others. Our students are valued as unique individuals whose talents can have a lasting impact upon each other, our school and the world in which we live.
- Spiritual growth and development
- Personal and educational excellence
- Concern for human dignity
- Global awareness and responsibility
- Compassion and service
- Provide an understanding of Catholic truths and values which enable the child to live a meaningful life, consistent with the Gospel values of peace, justice, love, and freedom.
- Develop the necessary tools of oral and written communication, problem solving, decision-making, creativity, and knowledge that will prepare the student for living in the 21st century.
- Develop basic skills and good study habits
- Develop the full potential of each student
- Nurture Christian attitudes and values