Re-registration Packets for the 2021-2022 School Year were sent home in student backpacks on Monday, January 11th and were mailed home to E-Learning families.
Please check your child's backpack for this important information and note that there will only be one packet per family.
All re-registration forms MUST be turned in to the office by JANUARY 27th in order to ensure your child's spot for next year. Once we begin accepting applications from new families on January 28th we cannot ensure that a spot will be available for those that have not re-registered.
New Sibling Applications
If your student has a sibling that would like to apply to St. Bernadette School for the 2021-22 school year please fill out and return the New Sibling Application by JANUARY 27. All siblings will receive priority for registration as long as the application is turned in by January 27. To receive a New Sibling Application please email Michele Walsh, Admissions Director at email@example.com
* Please note that information about registering for the Extended Day Program for Grades K-8 will be sent home with the Summer Mailing
If you have any questions regarding Registration please contact Michele Walsh, Admissions Director at (508) 351-9905 Ext 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Information on how to apply for Financial Aid for the 2021-2022 School year can be found by CLICKING HERE
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID IS MARCH 1ST
PLEASE NOTE: Anyone who anticipates needing financial aid MUST apply through the Diocesan FACTS Grant & Aid Program in order to be considered for any additional aid directly from St. Bernadette School.
The February 2021 Lunch Menu is now available CLICK HERE All Menus must be returned by January 22nd
FLU SHOT UPDATE
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is removing the requirement for flu vaccination for attendance in childcare/preschool, primary, secondary and postsecondary education. Preliminary data show that this has been a mild flu season to date, presumably as people have received their seasonal flu vaccine and have been adhering to mask-wearing and social distancing due to COVID-19. Given the intensive Commonwealth-wide efforts regarding COVID-19 vaccination, DPH wants to alleviate the burden to obtain flu vaccination and focus on continuing our COVID -19 vaccination efforts.
DPH continues to strongly recommend that everyone age six months and older receive their seasonal flu vaccine each year.
St. Bernadette Absence Policy: Revised January 14, 2021
1. A child who is absent from school for any reason must communicate the
dates and reason for absence in a document addressed to all of the following:
2. If a child is absent from school for 1-5 days, the parent will be in communication with that child’s in-person, homeroom, teacher to determine if a child is well enough to complete assignments. If appropriate, assignments will be picked up at school or posted on Seesaw.
3. If a child is/will be absent for 6 days or longer , parents will send a document communicating the reason and dates for absence to the above faculty. The child will become an E-Learner. After all dates are confirmed the nurse or the classroom teacher will contact the appropriate staff to organize the change in learning modes. E-Learning teachers and/or the seesaw coordinator will facilitate the transition to remote learning, as well as the return to the student’s homeroom.
4. If a child is required to quarantine , that child will become an E-Learner and will join the remote class for their grade level. You will receive a call from the Health Office to discuss the specifics. The nurse will inform parents, E-Learning teachers, main office, and homeroom teachers of the quarantine dates. E-Learning teachers/seesaw coordinator will facilitate the transition to remote learning, as well as the return to the student’s homeroom.
It is very important to maintain direct and consistent communication to ensure a smooth transition between E-Learning and In-Person learning.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Virtual Afterschool Programs will begin the week of January 25th. All programs will occur on Zoom.
Click the links below to register for each program.
(Note: There will be no classes over February Vacation)
Chess Wizards - Grades K-8 Jan. 25 - March 29, 4-5 pm - $120 CLICK HERE
Gym Class with the YMCA - Grades PK - Gr 1 Jan 26 - March 9 $55 CLICK HERE
Arts & Crafts with the YMCA - Grades PK - Gr 1 Jan 26 - March 9 - 4:45-5:15 $55 CLICK HERE
American Sign Language - Grads 1-8 Jan. 27-Mar 10 4-5 pm $110 CLICK HERE
Sew Studio - One day Hedgehog Workshop January 28th
Grades 2-8 - $32 CLICK HERE
Absentee/Re-Take Picture Day: Thursday, January 21, 2021
Students who were absent on our original picture day will have the opportunity to have their picture taken on Thursday, January 21, 2021. For those students who did not receive a picture order form, please notify the main office and we will send one home with your student on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 to be returned on Thursday, January 21 when getting your picture taken.
Students who wish to have a re-take of the original picture will have the opportunity to have their picture re-taken on Thursday, January 21, 2021. Students must bring in their original pictures for proper credit.
Students who are continuing e-learning, if interested, will receive a separate e-mail detailing how they may participate in picture day.
Please keep in mind that pictures may also be ordered directly by contacting O’Connor Studios at email@example.com
or by calling (978)640-6250.
Jan. 15 - Marks close for 2nd Quarter
Jan. 18 - NO SCHOOL Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Jan. 19 - School WILL BE IN SESSION (please note this was previously listed as a Teacher Professional Development Day) Jan. 19 - 3rd Quarter term Begins
Jan. 21 - Absentee/Retake Picture Day
Jan. 27 - RE-REGISTRATION for 2021-2022 School Year DUE